The provost of Duke University conducts regular reviews of all deans, vice provosts, senior staff, and professors who hold major administrative positions reporting to the provost. Provost Sally Kornbluth has appointed a committee to conduct a review of Jennifer Francis, who is in the fourth year of her five-year term as executive vice-rector.
The committee invites members of the Duke community to comment on Francis’ performance or the scope of his activities by email to [email protected]
Please include a description of the nature of your interactions with Francis or how his work affects yours. Suggestions for constructive changes to the Executive Vice-Rector’s portfolio are also welcome.
All communications will be treated confidentially and will only be shared with members of the review committee. An aggregated, anonymized summary will be included in the committee’s written report to the provost.
The deadline for submitting comments is April 15, 2022.
The committee is chaired by Claudia Gunsch, professor of civil and environmental engineering.
The other members are:
- Leo Ching, Professor of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Colin Duckett, Professor of Pathology and Associate Dean for Basic Sciences, School of Medicine
- Steve Haase, Professor of Biology
- Kim Hewitt, Vice President for Institutional Equity and Chief Diversity Officer
- Timur Kuran, Gorter family professor emeritus of Islamic studies
- Marin Lévy, professor of law
- Fan Li, Professor of Statistical Sciences
- Tracey Yap, Associate Professor, School of Nursing
- Debu Purohit, Professor of Global Marketing at Ford Motor Company
- Kavin Rowe, George Washington Ivey Distinguished Professor of New Testament and Vice Dean for Faculty, Divinity School