CARE Australia is looking for an experienced manager to review and develop our partnership system.
- Work with a team dedicated to supporting women around the world to save lives, overcome poverty and achieve social justice.
- Applicants based in Australia or the Pacific will be considered in PNG, Vanuatu or Timor Leste
- Fixed term – 3 years with possibility of extension, full-time or part-time / job sharing available
CARE Australia works to overcome global poverty by helping women create lasting change in their communities around the world.
About the role
The Partnership Manager is the Theme Lead and Partnership Specialist for CARE Australia and works in collaboration with other Partnership Specialists in Country Offices and Presence Teams. The role leads the review, adaptation and development of the CARE partnership system and approach under CARE’s Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP) 2022-2027 “Pacific Partnerships for Gender Equality gender”.
The role is the focal point for the program-level aspects of ANCP program delivery with respect to partnering, learning and advocacy/influencing activities working with partners. He will support and collaborate with the Pacific Partnerships Unit and the CARE Vanuatu office in developing and improving partnership approaches and systems. The role will ensure that the Partnership’s models and approaches adhere to relevant policies, risk and compliance and program minimum standards. Developing the partnership approach will include developing a strategic framework for CARE’s model of mutual capacity building with partners.
- In collaboration with organizational and country office stakeholders, lead the development of a partnership system and approach for CARE that embraces CARE’s relational aspirations in creating equitable partnerships for transformative results in gender matter
- In collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders, lead the development of a holistic capacity building model for CARE’s capacity building with partners
- Working collaboratively with key ANCP stakeholders contributes to the achievement of partnership objectives within the ANCP, including (but not limited to) annual planning, project initiation, annual reflection, designing the learning program and developing the research program
- Support key partnership research and scoping initiatives to help CARE Australia identify its added value within the women’s rights ecosystem in the Pacific
- Assist CARE Australia to engage in ANCP program delivery in a way that supports an equitable partnership model
- Actively contribute to the deployment, learning and adaptation of CA’s Theory of Change as it relates to partnership and locally driven development – this includes related policies and approaches, advocacy and ongoing monitoring of the context for ensure adaptation of programs and approaches.
- Lead the management of the ANCP program budget and resources, supported by the Head of CIU to ensure financial oversight and implementation of program level initiatives and activities against budget and on time
- Ensure that ANCP project activities and partnership systems and approaches meet risk and compliance obligations, policy expectations and program quality standards. in collaboration with the Senior Program, Systems and Accreditation Officer
Ideally you will have:
- Practical experience combined with subject matter expertise – equitable partnership, transformative feminist partnerships, decolonial and locally-led approaches – you are familiar with and have a demonstrated track record of building partnerships that live these values. You are passionate about pushing the boundaries of the most transformational relationships to make an impact.
- Proven track record in developing partnership-based strategies, programs and research in an international context with local organizations – you build from evidence, you know what it means to put partnership approaches at the center and how to live your values in intercultural relations.
- Experience in developing and improving organizational systems in complex organizations – you understand how small changes lead to big impacts in the impacts felt in partnership and how to balance risk, compliance and financial management with relational aspirations
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of using different capacity building models – you want to contribute to the development of a truly transformational approach to building that is mutual and holistic, and you are aware of the advantages and disadvantages of traditional approaches, especially in the international development sector
- Demonstrated experience working in diverse teams, and exceptional cross-cultural skills and experience with intersectional feminist approaches, localized approaches, and sensitivity to power and privilege in its various forms.
- Ideally, experience in humanitarian and development programming
- Personal experience of the contexts in which we work and/or the forms of injustice we seek to combat would be an advantage.
- A commitment to the protection of children and the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
What can we offer you
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Opportunities for professional development and training
CARE Australia will seek information from job applicants’ former employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment and/or child abuse that the applicant may have been found guilty of. having committed or which were under investigation. in progress at the time the claimant’s employment with that employer ceased. By submitting their application, the applicant confirms that they have no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or having had a disability experience. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as those from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds to apply.
How to register
Please see the Candidate Information Package at careaustralia.connxcareers.com/Job/ViewJobs and complete the online application form by clicking “Apply Now”. Please make sure to attach your CV and cover letter meeting the selection criteria (max 2 pages) at the bottom of our application form. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic acknowledgment of receipt. Only candidates who fully meet the criteria will be considered.
This will take place as a rolling recruitment process, with pre-screening and interviews being completed as applications are received. Please submit your application as soon as possible if you are interested in the position.
Questions about the role?
Please contact Suzi Chinnery on [email protected], using the subject line “Equitable Partnerships Lead enquiry” (please do not applications by e-mail to this address).
Applications closed: 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time, Sunday July 3, 2022.